Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Twitter"view: Sarah Ockler

As you may or may not know, last Friday (the 5th) there was a "Twenty TWEET Summer" Twitter Party hosted by the fabulous Sarah Ockler in honour of Twenty Boy Summer's release. I've compiled the questions I asked and Sarah's answers here as a mini-"twitter"view of sorts. Phew - adhering to that character limit was quite the feat! Anyway, for more information, check out my review of Twenty Boy Summer, or visit Sarah's website. Without further ado, enjoy:

If you could choose any 1 book to add to the high school cirriculum as mandatory reading what would it be & why?
mandatory book for HS curriculum? I say JELLICOE ROAD. Complex developed characters, themes, incredible story.

Any plans for your next project, or just taking it easy for now in wake of TBS release?
Book 2 called Fixing Delilah Hannaford comes out spring/summer 2010. Also working on 3rd book now.

Premise sounds great! Secrets, Scandal... Nothing will be the same. ;) Will you come to Canada?! :D
I might come to Canada - Buffalo is close! Well, to eastern CAN anyway!

If you could meet any of your chacters from TBS, who would it be, why, and what would you say/ask?
I would love to meet Aunt Jayne. We don't see too much of her in TBS and I woudl want to talk about her exp.

What's your writing process like? (e.g. by hand or typed 1st drafts? Special writing conditions? etc.)
Writing process is - draft on Mac laptop in Scrivener. Classical music & incense while writing. Then...print out for revisions. then revise w/ agent & editor. sometimes write in coffee shop. mostly in home office.

Do you have any crushes on any fictional characters - if so, who?! ;)
fictional crush=Edward Cullen, Wes & Owen from @
sarahdessen, J Greggs in JELLICOE ROAD, Angel in RED GLASS.

If you had the magical abilities to bring any fictional character (movie, tv, books, anything) to life, who?
I would bring to life... um... Dobby. I would love a house elf!

If you could pull a Freaky Friday (movie) body switch with anybody, would you, if so, who, and why?
Oooh good question. Um... wow I don't know! Maybe Obama so I could go to Egypt! But I wouldn't want his job!

What brand of makeup does Frankie use? Do Sam & Anna ever meet up again?
Probably MAC cosmetics. Something expensive. Whatever is trendy at the moment.

Was the sea glass/mermaid's tears symbolic for how Anna (&Frankie) felt, kind of lost @ sea and tossed outof ctrl?
Yes, more symbolism! Definitely!

Are there 2 versions of cover with either black or white font on title? Which do you prefer?
ARC and final cover had diff. fonts. Then they made FINAL final cover w 3rd font b/c 2nd was hard to see. :-)

2 comments:

Kate said...

I really enjoyed this interview. Twenty Boy Summer sounds like a great read :)

YA Book Realm said...

Ehh I have the book, must read ASAP! And it makes me ridiculously hapopy to see Greggs and Jellicoe Road mentioned.

Btw I'm liking this twitter interview style!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...