Sunday, May 17, 2009

In My Mailbox [8]

Inspired by Alea and hosted by Kristi, Lucid Conspiracy presents In My Mailbox #8...


Silver Phoenix Bookplate & Bookmark

Okay, so I'm too lazy to take a picture, and these (taken from Cindy's 's site) are much better quality anyway. The bookplate even had a personalized message!

"[Deltay] - Never stop chasing your dreams! xo Cindy"

Is the artwork gorgeous, or what?
Thanks, Cindy!

*I've also recently interviewed the formidable Cindy Pon - scroll down to read our conversation!









Little Oink - Amy Krouse Rosenthal & Jen Corace

From the creators of Little Pea and Little Hoot comes this tidy tale of a decidedly different pig. Little Oink is a neat little fellow. Clean, clean, clean, that's all he wants to do. But Mama and Papa won't have it! They say in order to be a respectable pig, he has to learn to make a proper mess. "Don't come out until your room is a pigsty," they chide. A humorous twist on a universal dilemma.

*Chronicle Books, Spring 2009.

Okay, so in my defense, this one was actually more for my little sister than me. (Yes, it's a picture book.)

-=-*-=-
How was your week, & what did you receive?

7 comments:

Diana Dang said...

Cindy's works are so pretty!

Nancy said...

Ohh so lucky. Cindy is really talented. I had the pleasure of meeting her a few weeks ago and she rocks.

Rebecca said...

Awesome week you had. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

The stuff you got from Cindy is beautiful. She seems so nice. I have to read Silver Phoenix. Happy reading!

cindy said...

awww, thanks guys! and my bookplates and bookmarks are given to anyone who emails me their addy! pon.cindy@gmail.com

i also hand them out at contests. =D but really, i'm totally easy with my freebies. spread the freebie love!

Aimee said...

"Little Oink" looks just as cute as "Little Hoot"!

Elora Mariel said...

Wow, i think that looks nice! :D

haha, I love picture books though! (: Can slack while gaining an education. HAHA

And HELLO! I've been away from my blog for too long. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...